Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What's Up

Life sure has been crazy lately. We had a flood at Dufresne Furniture. We survived the rising river but got caught by a water main break. I showed up for work 2 weeks and could hear water running into our store and everyone was running around trying to move furniture out of the way. I have been working crazy hours along with everyone else. First it was because we had to manually take inventory of everything that was in water damaged areas. Now we are all working long busy hours while we have a massive liquidation sale. Everything has been 25% to 60% off and that has brought us a lot of business.

We have managed to squeeze in some family time here and there. Last weekend we picked up Everett's wagon and went for a walk. Everett LOVES his wagon. He just hangs out and just smiles. Rawley pulled him half of the way then climbed in with him and rode the rest of the way home. While I pulled.



Last weekend I set up a booth at the mall in town and worked with some other consultants to raise money for the MARY KAY ASH CHARITABLE FOUNDATION. We also had a draw going on to get some new names for each of us. It was a long weekend as I set up in the morning than went and worked at Dufrense then came back to the mall and worked our booth. It has been a long time since I have had 2 jobs and I am feeling old and tired. lol. The booth at the mall was a huge success though so I do not regret it for one minute.


Every Tuesday night I go to my Mary Kay meeting here in town. We talk about our week past, set goals for the new week, pamper guests and learn skill to help us along in our business. It is always so motivating and inspirational. I absolutely love going. It is also a chance for me to spend time with a group of really wonderful ladies. This week we were graced with a national sales director from Ontario and our VP, Lynda Rose, from the Dallas Head Office. They were both amazing speakers and it was such aa wonderful evening.


This is Lynda Rose and me.


Lynda Rose brought out a whole lot of expensive jewelry for us to see. She was showing us all the jewelry that we could possibly earn within the company. As long as we were returning in the morning to attend her workshop we were allowed to take a piece of jewelry of our choice home. So, I picked out the the Queen of Sales ring. It is worth $10,000. It sure felt great to wear that on my hand.




Anyway, that is a bit of what we have been up to. The weather is odd here. One day is 24 degrees then the next day is thunder, lightening, hail, down pours and only 6 degrees. We have crazy mosquito's already and Ryan has had his first tick *shutter*. The Assiniboine River went down about 5 or 6 feet but is back up abut 4 feet. So we are going to have a lot of water hanging around for a long time. YUCK!


Good Night!









0 comments:

 

avandia lawsuit