Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of School

The first day of school was today and I think I am more nervous than Rawley is.  He had so many struggles last year at school and even through the summer and camp and with neighbour boys. I am worried that he will face bullying and the feeling of not fitting in.

We talked this morning about the fact that God gave us 2 ears and only 1 mouth and that we are to use them accordingly.  I told him he looked great, made sure his teeth were brushed, his back pack was cool all things that can illuminate teasing. I told him that he was going to have a great day seeing all his friends again, but as he ran out the door I wonder...Did I do enough?

Have I given my child enough wisdom and love that he can go to school with confidence to ignore bullying and the common sense to not bully?

Have we loved him enough? Have we taught him by example? Have we shown him how to treat people and how to look the other way when someone is being awful to us?

Have we taught him to even treat our enemies with respect?

Oh my goodness I am so nervous about how today will go, but I have faith that we will survive.

0 comments:

 

avandia lawsuit