Sunday, January 30, 2011

8 Months Old

Yes, can you believe it my baby is 8 months old. That 1 year birthday is sneaking up really quickly. I actually remembered to do his photo shoot with the bear on his birthday too, not the day after. I did however forget until it was bedtime so this photo shoot was done in his jammies as opposed to some really cute big boy clothes.
Oh well.

Everett is sitting up on his own now. He still has the occasional fall but he can resist it enough that he doesn't hit his head very hard when he falls down. This has been really nice because he can be a little more independent now. He likes to sit on the floor and play with his bucket of toys and doesn't need me there to hold him all the time. I am loving this. One of his favorite things to play with at HotWheels cars. He mostly chews them or bangs them on the floor/table. I have noticed though that he does try to drive them too. He holds them down and moves them back and forth like when I drive them for him. Watching kids learn little things like that is my absolute favorite part of being a mom. Their brains are just so amazing.

Everett is also kissing us now. It is very clear that it is a kiss and he chooses when he wants to or not. They are generally big huge open mouthed kisses that are accompanied by a lot of drool but I love them. This is him giving bear a kiss. Too Cute!


2 weeks ago Everett was at his doctors for a follow up and we talked about how things with his tummy really were not getting better. He still was only drinking 3-4 oz at a time and waking up frequently at night. Everett has only gained a few ounces in 2 months. I explained about the constant crying and gas that he has. I also explained to him that we could no longer afford to buy the formula especially since we didn't think it was working. He offered to switch us to another brand that is pretty much the same then he could give us samples from the office. Then he said if that doesn't work Goats Milk would be his next suggestion. He said he has a handful of babies that have had to go on goats milk. I took the samples of the formula home with me and thought about it for a bit. I was not sure if I wanted to waste 10 days trying out a formula that was exactly the same as the one we were currently using and seeing no change in or if I wanted to try something completely new.

I decided to try the goats milk instead and am I sure glad that I did. It was a rough start. The goats milk made him constipated and he still had long screaming fits at first. The screaming was so bad. Last Saturday night he started at 11pm and the screaming went until 1am. Ryan and I had been taking turns but I finally just lost it. I told him, "take your baby to your mom's house and leave him there". So that is what Ryan did.(Just so you know Ryan's parents have told us that if we ever needed to we could do this. It had just never come down to that before though.)

Now 2 weeks later, Everett is eating like a horse. We can almost not keep him full. He is having 6-8oz bottles at a time. He is eating prunes with every meal and loving them. He is burping better and sleeping better. The last few nights he has only woke once or twice through the night to eat. There has been no screaming!!!! Everett and mommy & daddy are so much happier now.
Next we have to work on erasing all the bad habits Everett has from being such a sick little guy. Like not falling asleep on his own, being picked up every time he cries, being swaddled (still)..... but those are peanuts compared to the problems that have been fixed by the goats milk.

I love this picture of Everett and bear so much. It looks like they are sitting having a conversation and Everett is contemplating something that was just said. My little thinker.

Anyway, That is Everett's news in a nutshell.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Yay!!! Tammy, that is such great news! SO glad that Everett is doing better. Much needed relief for all of you.l

rachel joy said...

hooray!!! so glad to hear he is feeling happier and healthier! It really won't last forever, and I'm glad you've got a glimpse of that.

Shirley said...

Oh! Tammy!! I can't tell you how happy I am for Everett as well as for is mommy & daddy!! Nora's first child was allergic(?) to cow's milk & how well I remember the screaming, the sleepless nights, the exhaustion etc, then the incredible feeling when we saw him sleep, normally & be happy etc. Nothing like it, for all concerned. Wonderful news!!!

 

avandia lawsuit