Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holy Cold

A post of tid bits.

It is so cold. I mean not today. Today it is only -12 (feels like -23) not bad at all. Sunday however.. when we woke up at 9 it was -32 without a wind at all. Then when we decided to run a few errands the wind picked up a bit. Seriously I have never in my life felt my snot freeze inside my nose. The whole inside of my nose froze. With each breath in I felt it freeze and then as you breath the warm air out it melts again...On and On. Then later that night we went to the Brandon Wheat Kings hockey game and it was so cold when we left. Brrr.
For the most part it really is not that bad, but when the wind picks up I stay inside.

~~~~~

Rawley got into his morning program. I am so so happy for him and us. They called yesterday afternoon. It is going to be a long 12 weeks. He has to be there right around the time Everett goes down for his first nap. So it is going to stink going out to drive him to his group and Everett either having a short nap in the car and not napping after or me driving around aimlessly while he has a full nap. Hmmm But the good far outweighs the bad in this situation. Rawley is going to learn so much he is going to have a full time nurse that is assigned to him and then work with all the other nurses on different things. I can't wait till he starts. I think he is going to like it.

~~~~~

I thought we were done all our Christmas shopping until Rawley came home and said, "I am writting a letter to Everett telling him what I want for Christmas. I bet everyone is already done their shopping for me but I don't think Everett is". He was right. I gave him money to buy Everett a gift but totally forgot to buy him a gift from Everett. So now we are waiting on the letter to come home so Everett and I can go shopping. I got all the gifts ready for my westcoast family and should have them on the bus this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Now I just have to plan Brunch for Christmas day and I think we are set. Oh huge Manitoba bummer...I cannot find Tinsel anywhere. What is a Christmas tree without tinsel? I am so sad. Our tree looks great already but the tinsel is the final touch that makes it glisten. *pout*

~~~~~

Everett started to get a cough yesterday and today he has a full blown cheast cold. His cough is heart breaking. poor little guy. So far there is no nasty snot face as it is all in his cheast si I can be thankful for that. He is very cuddly though, more so than usual.

~~~~~

Everett went to see Santa last Friday or maybe Thursday...I don't remember. He loved Santa. He laughed and pulled his beard. Then when Santa turned him around to look at the camera he would not smile. It was hilarious. He did not smile once at the camera girl or her ringing bells. He just wanted to turn around and play with Santa. The picture is still cute, but no smile.


~~~~~

Ryan worked long hours out of town all week last week and is doing the same this week. I hate it. He leaves about 8:15 and does not come home till after 7. It makes for very very very long days. Dinner is never that great either because Everett always seems to be crabby when it is time to make dinner. Tonight will probably be something simple like spaghetti.

Well baby is awake from his nap and screaming... must go.

1 comments:

tina said...

Tammy!!!

so excited to hear about Rawley getting into the program!! hint on the naptime in the car... bring yourself a book! instead of driving around aimlessly, find a safe place to park and take the opportunity to read! (you'll save gas too!)bring a blanket too since it's so dang cold!!

Tina :o)

 

avandia lawsuit