Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Yummy Treats

There is a lot of snow here. Even with the sidewalks shoveled and the streets plowed it is impossible to push a stroller around. This is how Everett gets around here in snowville. Usually we just sit him in the sled with a big blanket to prop him up and keep him warm. This day we were on our way to pickup a car so we needed the car seat. It fit prefect and Everett enjoyed the walk through the snow.

This past weekend we did a lot of Christmasy stuff. Saturday we did some Christmas shopping during the day and that night we headed into Virden for Christmas dinner. Ryan's Poppa always takes the family out for dinner before Christmas for a little get together. It was really nice to see everyone again. We had Chinese food then went back to Poppa's to visit. Some of our family friends kept Everett during the dinner which was so nice. I actually got to sit down in a restaurant and visit without being interrupted or have to leave.

Sunday morning Rawley and I cuddled on the couch and watched Home Alone while Everett and Daddy slept. Then we headed to Grandma & Grandpa's. Grandma bought Rawley a gingerbread house to decorate. It was a lot of fun but it was also very time consuming. He was very particular about what candy was used and what pattern was made. I got to help out a bit but only with strict instructions on what to do. The house, path and tree turned out great.


~finished product~

We also iced some more sugar cookies ehich we got to sample after dinner, Yum!
Yesterday I finishes my Christmas shopping and my wrapping. I thought I was done but then I was reminded that I needed to buy Rawley a gift from Everett. My Grandma also send me a letter with money to buy the boys gifts because she doesn't like spending the money to ship gifts. So yesterday Everett and I headed to the mall to finish up.
I have Christmas brunch planned and the groceries bought, The gifts are all wrapped and under the tree, baking was done at mom's and I finally made a decent batch of peanut brittle. Now all I have to do is clean my house for Christmas morning. Maybe I should be doing that instead of blogging. Hmm.


1 comments:

Shirley said...

I LOVE YOUR PICTURES!!!!!!

 

avandia lawsuit