Monday, July 12, 2010

It Couldn't Last Forever

Yesterday Ryan's parents left for home. Mom had been here for 2 weeks and dad for 10 days. I enjoyed having them here for so many reasons. They were very helpful with Everett, made it possible for me to get some packing done and just made good company to have around.

Mom helped me so much with Everett, feeding him when I was busy, taking him so I could nap when I had a rough night, and giving me helpful advice when I was lost with what to do for his tummy troubles. Even if she was just sitting on the couch knitting while I took care of Everett it seemed easier because there was someone here just to talk to.

I really love Ryan's parents and having a mom around to help me was a new a wonderful experience. I have always enjoyed doing family things and spending time with families. Growing up I always attached myself to a friends family to fill that need. It is nice to finally have a family I can call my own. (no disrespect to my dad whom I love dearly, but one great father just insn't the same as a whole family)

We tried to do as much with Ryan's parents as possible while balancing out work (for Ryan), packing and everyday duties. The boys took in a Canadians baseball game, Street Legal Drag Races and a round of golf. We all went to our favorite swimming place in Mission and took Dad out for a late father's day dinner. They stood in for our friends (who live in Manitoba) for Everett's baptism and Mom was able to come to mine and Everett's baby shower. We even all got to go shopping at IKEA.

Yesterday was a hard day. We had to take them to the airport and say good-bye. I know we will be moving in 3 weeks and get to see them anytime we want, but I am not going to lie...once we got pack to the parking lot I cried a little on Ryan's shoulder.

THANK YOU MOM & DAD FOR YOUR VISIT, FOR YOUR GIFTS, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY FOR YOUR LOVE

Grandpa & Rawley at the Canadians game.


Ryan & Parents at the BerryBeat Festival watching the magician


Rawley & Ryan rock climbing


Famiyl dinner night with both my dad and Ryan's parents.


Relaxing in the sun at Suicide Creek (Properly named Norrish Creek)


"Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!"


Everett loved having the ice cold water put on his hot little head.


Friday night street legals


The boys all dressed up and ready for golf.

0 comments:

 

avandia lawsuit