Friday, August 6, 2010

Good-Bye

We saw great grandma & grandpa on Wednesday night and then we stayed there on Friday night as all our house was packed in the back of the truck. They both got to see Everett wide awake and happy. I am so happy I got these photos of them together. These are pictures to treasure for sure. Next week I will get them printed off and in the mail so grandma & grandpa can treasure them as well.



Saying good bye to grandma & grandpa was the hardest thing about moving. I know that we have a special relationship with them and I am going to miss it. Other people I can communicate with on the Internet and they can come visit. G & G don't do the Internet, don't fly and can barely hear on the phone.
Grandma broke down crying in the morning when we hugged good-bye. She gave us her blessing and told us she understood why we had to move but that she was sure going to miss us and our boys. I know that of the grandchildren we were the ones that spent the most time with them so worry that they are going to be lonely. That means any other grandkids reading this: it is your job to step up and go visit. Grandma & Grandpa won't be around forever. A quick visit from family really makes their day.
I plan to write letters often and send pictures with each letter.

Everett also got some great cuddles with Papa.
Before we left Everett got to meet his second cousin (i think) Spencer. They are about 2 months apart but less than a pound difference between them. Spencer is skinnier but longer. They were so cute together. I was nice to hold a cute newborn again. Too bad we won't see him again until he is huge.

We will truly miss all our family but are excited for our new adventures here in Brandon. Next blog I will write about our trip. We get Internet at our place Tuesday morning so I won't have to invade mom & dad's house any more.

1 comments:

rachel joy said...

I love how your grandparents got right down to the floor to get close to him. So special.

 

avandia lawsuit