Friday, September 17, 2010

A Day In The Life...

...of Rawley.

This year Rawley does not have to get up early so I don't often have to wake him at all. If he is up early he is allowed to watch TV from 7-7:30. 7:30 is time to start getting ready for school. He is usually out the door by 8:43. We live about 1 1/2 blocks from the school so he walks there himself and has to be there by the first bell which rings at 8:50am.

When we moved here I was so shocked to find out that the kids must go home for lunches. "What?" If I want him to stay at school to eat I have to pay $25 a month to have him supervised. It just seemed absurd. I am kind of liking the little visits with him at lunch though. I also know he is eating a good healthy meal and not getting in to trouble. The only down side would be if I want to go out of town or run errands.

Rawley gets home for lunch at about 11:45 and he has to stay home till 12:05 because there are no outside supervisors at the school till 12:10pm. He then rushes back to the school to play soccer with the other kids. They get play time till 12:40.

Rawley's school also has an afternoon recess where they get to go outside and play again. Then at 3:30 he is dismissed to come home.

I can't believe my big boy is walking himself to and from school. I snuck pictures of him the other day.


0 comments:

 

avandia lawsuit