Monday, September 27, 2010

The Effort

One of the most exhausting things we deal with with Rawley is the idea that nothing is good enough. I know it is a symptom of ADHD. He doesn't complete some assignments at school because no matter how many times to restarts it, it is never good enough to hand in so he just doesn't do it.
He is also like this at home. No matter what we decide to do Rawley never wants to do it because it will not be any fun. The thing is usually he ends up having a great time.
Our walk the other night was a good example.
I told Rawley that we were going to go for a walk along the river and then afterword we would go play at the park he has been asking to go to.
He decided he did not want to play at the park anymore if he had to go for a walk first.
He said, "Walks are boring"
"I won't have anything to do while we walk"
"Can I bring something to do?"
"I just hate walking"
"Let's just stay home"
Well I made him go and he whined all the way there and then we ended up having a wonderful evening.
We walked at the Riverbank Discovery Centre Trail. (www.riverbank.mb.ca). We stopped and read all the plaques about the animals and birds that lived there. We saw some beaver trails and Rawley think he saw a dam.

As we walked along we saw some deer. There were 3 of them. I think it was one momma and 2 babies. We were about 30 feet away from them.
This baby still has its spots.

Everett enjoyed his walk.

I love that they have Bison on the lamp posts. They are all about their bison here.

After our walk we took Rawley to the park just as promised. Rawley played with the kids there. He brought some cars to the park with him and they raced them down the slides. Rawley seems to make friends were ever we go. He never assumes someone does not want to play with him he just walks up and starts playing. I know that some kids might find it annoying, but I am happy he is that outgoing. When I was a kid I was so scared of others that I never talked to other kids unless they talked to me first.
Everett got to go down the slide too.
We are trying to get Everett to take Nuk soothers now. We love his green ones from the hospital and he is very attached to them but there is no way to clip them on to his clothes. We always have to have one hand holding on to it. It falls on the ground more often than not and we have to clean it. When we had Everett at the hockey game I decided I wanted to have a sucky with a clip. So far Everett has not totally refused it, but when he is really upset he wants his green sucky.


Rawley at the top of the slide.

Beautiful sunset.

As we were leaving the park and driving home we saw a bunch of deer in a field. When I say a bunch I mean like 40 or 50 of them. So we decided to drive home the long way past all the big fields. I can not believe how many deer we saw. Before we got home I bet we saw over 300 deer. We were joking about how we are all looking off to the side of the road for deer and then one is going to jump out right in front of the car. Then once we were almost home one did run across the road right in front of us. Unfortunately I didn't get many great pictures of them but here is one.

0 comments:

 

avandia lawsuit