Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Well Hello Blog...

...nice to have time to see you again.

What have we been up to lately? A lot. On top of hospital visit, catching mice in our house and me locking myself out of the house we have been busy.

Everett had 2 good nights sleep in a row. Last night was not one of them however, but before that was good. He went down at about 9, ate at 2 then again at 5 and then slept till 6:30. Now I wish he would sleep a little bit later than 6:30, but I certainly am not going to complain about that. Last night he fussed a lot and was in bed with me at 5:20 this morning. Here's to hoping tonight is another good night.

Rawley is having some trouble at swimming lessons. He needs a little bit more self confidence and a instructor that is a little bit more understanding but other than that it is going well. He is shorter than everyone else in his group by at least 6 inches and where they are in the pool he cannot touch. This scares him a lot and he believes he can't do it. I know he can but the fear sometimes stops him from going in . We are working on that.

Next Thursday is Rawley's first night of curling. He is joining a curling group this winter and will curl right through till March I believe. I am so excited for this. I can't wait to take him. One of the problems with sports here is everything for kids seems to start so early that Ryan is missing out on seeing it. Rawley's swimming is at 4:30 and curling will start at 4:15. Ryan does not usually get home till 6ish.

Saturday night I fell asleep on the couch and Ryan kindly told me I could go to bed. (is was only 9:30) Then at about 10:30 he came in and told me, "Tammy there is a mouse in our kitchen". I acknowledged him but then rolled over and went back to bed. Now I do care that there is a mouse, but I was too tired to do anything about it at that time. Then he came and woke me up again, "please come out here so I can talk to you". Ryan is usually a very brave guy. He is my bug catcher, my spider killer and back in BC he was my raccoon warder offer. Obviously he is not fond of mice though because I have never seen him so worked up over an animal. He was panicked and didn't know what to do. He had all the lights in the house on, the doors wide open, his shoes on and his hockey stick in hand. After worrying about it for a few minutes he decided to call his dad for help. Gary came over with a trap and set it for us while I went back to bed. At 2 am when I got up to feed Everett I heard, 'snap...crash...bang...' Ryan checked in the morning and we had caught our mouse. Only problem is....now we have another one. bugger.

Rawley has made quite a few friends at school that also live in our complex. Most days I will find them outside playing hockey. This is Rawley dressed up in his friend's pads. I think he looks super cute.

Everett is in love with the ceiling fan at Grandma & Grandpa's house so sometimes I just lay him on the floor to watch it. Rawley loves his brother so much and takes an opportunity to hang with him so here they are laying on the floor together.
This is Everett's bulging head. It doesn't' look as bad as it felt but you get the idea. It was gross.

Everett was a really good boy at the hospital. The doctors had bad timing though because every time Everett fell asleep was when they wanted to come in and check him out. The first doctor thought he was so adorable. She told me, "We see a lot of cute babies here in the ER but I think this little one is one of the cutest I have ever seen". I was so proud.
After spending 3 hours in the ER the doctor had thought that maybe there were going to do a lumbar puncture to test for meningitis. After much conversation and seeing how happy he was and laughing they decided not to. He was just way to healthy and happy to be that sick. They decided it was a viral infection and that as he got better his head would return to normal. I am happy to announce that it has. And we are blaming daddy for bringing home that nasty cold that we all caught from him. Still love you though Ryan!

0 comments:

 

avandia lawsuit