Thursday, October 14, 2010

MIlestones

Everett has been a little bit behind in a lot of the baby milestones. This is totally normal given the fact that he was 5 weeks premature. All the doctors told me to go by his corrected age instead of his real age. It was hard to do though because people ask how old he is and I tell them the real age then they ask, "so is he doing this yet?" or "does he do that yet?".

Last week we met another baby and she was 3 weeks younger than Everett. I was talking with the mom and we were comparing stories. She was tilling me how her daughter grabs everything and puts it right into her mouth. She asked if Everett does the same and I replied, "Well he is actually not holding anything in his hands yet, and has not reached out for anything either. He pretty much just chews his hands."

I didn't' feel bad, but wondered when he was going to start doing those things. Then the next day as if to say, "Mom, I can so do those things", Everett reached out for a toy and put it right in his mouth. After that he has been holding toys in his hand and reaching for his toys as well. He also plays with his froggy toy on his car seat, and reaches out to touch the baby in the mirror.

Not only that but all in the same week Everett hit a few more milestones.
He:
Started pushing himself up when on his tummy.
Started holding his head at 90 degrees while on his tummy.
Then the next day he rolled over from his tummy.
He started rubbing his eyes when he got tired.
And he starting standing on his legs. He can bear his own weight for a few minutes now before he gets tired.

So, I pulled out the baby book again and read all the 'your baby should be able to', 'your baby may be able to' and 'you baby might even be able to'. There are only 2 things out of all that Everett cannot do yet. So really he is not behind at all in the development area.

He is still smaller that most 4 (almost 5) month olds and he still only eats 3-4 ounces every three hours, but that will change soon too I am sure.


"Look everyone, I can stand up"

These are a couple pictures I was taking of him pushing himself up. I was so proud that he was holding his head up, then all of a sudden he rolled over. At first I thought Ryan had pushed him over because I was just so shocked. Everett has rolled over several times since then. I have been trying to take video of it and finally yesterday I caught him. I can't upload videos to my blog for some reason, but will put them up on facebook for those of you on there.

0 comments:

 

avandia lawsuit