Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Friendship to Last a Lifetime.

Janie has been my best friend for many years. We met 22 years ago on the school playground in Matsqui Village. Although we have grown apart and back a couple times she has been the only true best friend I have had.

Janie moved to Manitoba right after High school to go to college. After meeting and marrying her husband Dave she never moved back to BC. What a strange and wonderful way life works to now bring me to Manitoba so we can be close again.

Janie is the one friend I can spend months or years apart from but still talk as though there has not been anytime away at all. I am so excited that we live only a few hours away and that I can visit her and her family often. Not only that but she has two beautiful little girls I can enjoy when my boys are driving me crazy! Corrina is 4 and baby Annika is only 2 weeks old.

Monday I left Everett with Grandma and went to Winnipeg to see them. It was a wonderful day. I was there for over 5 hours and I have no idea where the time went but we had such a great visit. I got to hang out with Corrina and talk with her a bit, I got to hold in my arms a beautiful little tiny newborn baby girl and I got to visit with my best friend.

The old odd part of the visit was that I did not take a ton of pictures. Most of you that know me I'm sure will be shocked. I'm sorry but we were just so busy talking that I kind of forgot.

These are the pictures I did get though


Annika starring at me wondering, 'who are you and why are you trying to make me take this sucky thing?'
Annika sleeping so peacefully in her care seat after we went shopping.
And the drive home.
Sorry those are all the pictures I have.
Thank you so much Janie for having me over. Can't wait to see you again.

2 comments:

rachel joy said...

I didn't even put the pieces together that you guys are so close to each other now! My dearest and bestest friend is in Manitoba too. And when I went to visit her two years ago I only took about 2 pictures. I guess that's the way it is when you're busy just reconnecting. So happy for you both!

Tammy said...

Thanks Rachel. I am so happy to have her close to me again. And it is fun that we both have little kids in our lives.

 

avandia lawsuit