Monday, October 25, 2010

Where Does the Time Go?

Well besides having my dad here for a week, an awful cold, a baby who suffers from upset tummy most the night, and Rawley's swimming and curling each week....I don't know where all my time goes. It has been almost 2 weeks since I blogged and it feels like I just did it.

Well since my last post we had my dad here for a week

It was such a nice visit. Both Thursday and Saturday we had all of Ryan's family over for dinner to visit and play games. On Saturday we went out to the Reptile Gardens just east of Brandon. There was everything from Crocodiles to frogs and fish. It was pretty cool.


On Sunday we carved pumpkins with my dad. It seems we are starting a tradition. It was still a little early to carve though so I am not sure they are going to last till Halloween. Ryan's is already starting to deform a bit. We had a lot of fun though.

~Rawley, Papa, Ryan, Me~
Monday I left Everett with Grandma and my dad and I went to visit Ryan's uncle. He works out in the oil fields and he gave us a bit of a tour and taught us a lot about the process of pumping oil. I have always found it interesting so I thought it would be neat to take my dad out there to see it all. He enjoyed himself too. Then we finished the afternoon with a few drinks at the bar.

Also within the week Rawley started curling. He has only had two practices but is really getting the hang of it. He really enjoys himself too which is even more important. So far they have only practiced what to do so Rawley is really looking forward to their first game.


Last Wednesday I had to take my dad back to Winnipeg to fly home. The day was bittersweet. It was sad saying good-bye to him knowing I will not see him till we go home in March, but the trip to Winnipeg gave me another chance to visit Janie and her girls.

Annika had already grown since I saw her 2 weeks prior. Her and Everett tried to have some play time on the floor but Everett could not control his flailing arms. Once he can stop accidentally hitting her or trying to suck on her hands I am sure they will be great friends.

And that is what I have been doing...up until Last Friday.

0 comments:

 

avandia lawsuit