Tuesday, November 3, 2009

H1N1

I have changed my mind 100 times about what I think of the flu. I suspected the media was blowing things way out of proportion. Now that I personally know a dozen or so people very sick with the H1N1 flu, I am not sure if they are blowing it out of proportion or if I should run and hide.

Given the fact that I am 6.5 weeks pregnant should I be more concerned than I would normally be? I don't know. I feel that I overloaded my brain with information from Fraser Health, Public Health Agency, The Vancouver Sun, the radio station, my own doctor and friends.

I have an easily influenced personality. I know this is dangerous, but it can also be really confusing. What do I really think? I don't know, because my brain is so full of what everyone else thinks.

I know that I trust my doctor very much. He has been my doctor for more than 8 years and he is kind and caring and always has time for me. He has advised that I get the H1N1 vaccine. So I will. Whenever it may be available to me. Because I am not in the second half of my pregnancy I will have to wait until it is available to the general public.

Normally I am against flu vaccination. For healthy people anyway. I am also against using all anti-bacterial cleaners. I think that having a completely sterile environment is not healthy because we need a certain level of bad bacteria to make our immune systems stronger. This is also why I am a believer of the 5 second rule for most food. I don't expect you all to agree with me, I am just saying....
Anyway, I have gotten off track. Because I would normally not get a flu shot, I really was not sure what to do about this H1N1. But having heard from and seen those of you that have it I really don't want it. I feel crappy enough with morning (all day) sickness and gastritis I could stand to skip this ugly flu.

So, until the H1N1 vaccine is available to me I will continue to wash my hands a ridiculous amount of times, I will not share drinks or food, I will not kiss or hug those with flu-like or cold symptoms Including my own family. Sorry Boys!

Cheers to Craptacular Flu Season!!!!

0 comments:

 

avandia lawsuit