Friday, November 13, 2009

What, No NeoCitron?

Obviously it has been a long time since I have been pregnant. I know I read all the books the first time yet I find myself not knowing anything about this whole process. I constantly have to look stuff up. Stuff I should know.

I woke up Wednesday with a terrible head cold. It is awful. I couldn't remember what I am and am not allowed to take during pregnancy so I went to search my books. Turns out I can't take much of anything. Vicks Vapour rub and 8 oz. of water every hour. Yeah that's right 8 oz. every hour!!! If I am awake for 16 hours that's 16 cups of water. A gallon of water a day. That is a lot of water. So I no longer pee frequently, instead I just live in the bathroom.

I think the hardest thing for me to accept is that I cannot have NeoCitron. It is always my crutch when I get really sick. It tastes good, and makes me feel so good and is sleep inducing.

On a good note a cold is all I am going to come down with for now. No H1N1 for me. Yesterday I went to the Vaccination Clinic and got my shot. I was happy to arrive on my lunch and see no line up at all. But wondered if people maybe just did not know it was happening. The nurses that were there were very nice but they were reading off last week's information notice and thought I was not eligible to be vaccinated yet. I caused quite a stir after I told them they were wrong. After much searching they found the correct sheet for this week and agreed that I was eligible. They were also grateful for the info because they could have been turning away people that should have been getting it.

I am so happy it is a slow time of year at work. I didn't want to call in sick and waste my sick days but I don't really want to have to do much either. So, I will half-ass my way through today and then have the weekend to rest and get over this cold. Thank you to crappy weather that prohibits outdoor painting and to Fridays. Ahhh.

0 comments:

 

avandia lawsuit