Monday, November 9, 2009

I Love Soccer





Soccer life certainly has it's ups and downs. Overall all the ups outweigh the downs. Rawley is loving soccer so much and he is really good. He made friends instantly on his team and enjoys spending time with them. We have some pictures but have not had great weather to take the video camera yet. It has been pouring rain and cold most days so far. I do intend to get some video though even if it is just from practice because Rawley cracks me up. Every time he is touching the ball, near the ball or near another player he is giggling. He enjoys himself so much that the experience actually makes him giggle. It is the cutest thing ever.


We don't get to be involved in Rawley's school life much which makes it hard to meet other families and talk with other parents. I think because of this Rawley has never been to a friend's house or had anyone over. I wish I had time to go pick Rawley up from school and hang out with the other moms or dads to chat. Soccer has been a great way to do this. I feel that already after a few weeks we have formed friendships with the other moms & dads. We all sit or stand together at games and cheer each others kids on. We also have time to just chat and relate stories. I really enjoy this.

I never thought it was possible but Rawley has found someone his size on his team. I am sure they are the shortest players in the whole league but they sure are cute. I don't how his mom would feel about me using his name so we will call him 'Tom'.
Last week after practice Rawley was invited to Tom's birthday party at Castle Fun Park so he spent a week and a half excited. Yesterday was the big day and it was a tons of fun for all involved. I even had fun, which is hard to believe because Castle Fun Park usually stresses me out big time.

It was fun to socialize with people outside of soccer. We got to watch all the kids have a great time while we talked among ourselves. Raweley has asked Tom's mom if he could go over there one day and the boys both seemed really excited about this. Now it is time to do my part and set something up so that Rawley can start enjoying friends the way all kids should.

1 comments:

Meredith said...

I'm so happy that soccer is working out great for all of you! Fun times for Rawley AND fun times for mum * dad - awesome :)

Rawley looks like such a "big boy" in the picture of him running. Love it :)

 

avandia lawsuit