Monday, November 16, 2009

A weekend of Nothingness.

We had a quiet weekend for a couple of reasons. First and foremost it was a weekend of discipline for Rawley. I am not sure if it is the amount of Halloween candy he has eaten in the last two weeks, the ADHD acting up, or the change in the weather that has messed him up. He has become a loud, obnoxious, rude, sassy, unpleasant little boy over the last few weeks. He is always loud and obnoxious, so we are used to that but the mouthy rudeness is so not cool.

So, he was told that he would be grounded to his room all day Saturday. I did however let him to go soccer in the morning because if he did not show up he would be letting his team down. So as soon as soccer was over off to his room he went. By the end of the day though we were realizing that our discipline was not working.

I went in to check on him and his room was a mess. He was told he would have to clean it or he would be grounded to his room again tomorrow. To this he replied, "That's okay, I just want to stay in my room tomorrow anyway". Uh Oh! So he did not finish cleaning his room.
He did however decide Sunday morning that he no longer wanted to stay in his room so he cleaned up pretty good, but because his attitude had not changed much he was grounded still but allowed to leave his room. He was not allowed any Wii or computer though.

I think we are going to have to find another form of discipline as it turns out Rawley likes a quiet - stay at home - weekend every once in a while.

The second reason we stayed home was because I have been sick and I needed to rest and stay warm in hopes of getting better. Good news: I am over my cold. Bad News: I think I have a sinus infection. You know when your eyes are watery and gooey and itchy? And your nose is kinda stuffed but more just sore. Then there is the pressure behind your nose and eyes. Then the pain that works its way to your ears? Yup that! That's what I have.



Rawley did play with his Globe a lot this weekend. He does the quizzes on it. He has a certain amount of time to locate each ocean or continent it says. He has a lot of fun and is learning too.

1 comments:

Leah Schouten said...

I need to get one of those globes for myself!

 

avandia lawsuit