Friday, November 20, 2009

Sick Days

Tuesday night before bed Rawley complained he had a tummy ache. We are never sure how serious it is because it is often used as an excuse to not eat dinner, stay up later, get attention.... You know, Same as any other 7 year old I think. So, we kindly gave him a bucket and told him to go to bed and sleep it off.

11:49 came and the puking began. It continued every 25 minutes to an hour until 5:20 AM. Of course being the total unprepared parents that we are there was no Gravol in the house at all. So at 5:25 I went to Shoppers Drug Mart (24 Hour store) to get some meds for the poor child.

Thinking I would run into no one at this hour I left the house in my pjs and a coat. Of course I would have to call the elevator when someone else is in it. How embarrassing. I mean my hair was a mess, I had not even washed my face. I had not slept much all night. You can imagine how bad I actually looked. It was rough. I said good morning and then retreated into the corner of elevator and refused to look anywhere but at my feet.

After having some medicine Rawley seemed much better. I stayed home with him and we spent the day catching up on sleep and watching cartoons. He was feeling better! Yay.

Rawley gets the stomach flu a lot!! He always has. This one was different though. There was no temperature what so ever and the puking was so violent and harsh. At this point I ruled out the flu and tried to figure out what else would have made him sick. Pizza! We had an all meat pizza for dinner the night before and the pizza was burning so it was taken out of the oven early. It never had a chance to reach its recommended internal temperature. Rawley got sick from eating raw meat.

Thinking he was fine we did not give him anymore Gravol that night but that proved to be the wrong choice as he got sick twice more. At this point I was slightly concerned and wondering if he needed medical attention. But by 3:30 the puking had stopped and we were all able to get some sleep.

Rawley was more than fine yesterday, full of energy, eating tons of food and not feeling the slightest bit ill. That meant today he was allowed to go back to school and Ryan and I could both go to work.

After:

2 nights with little sleep
15 trips to the bathroom to wash out the bucket
6 loads of laundry
1 days each missed of work
2 days of school missed (1 popcorn day, 1 hot lunch day)
2 packages of Lipton's Chicken Noodle soup.

our life is back to normal.....or what we consider normal anyway.

0 comments:

 

avandia lawsuit