Friday, June 4, 2010

For Real?

This is Everett in his cot when they first moved him over. They have the cot tilted up like that so that the babies do not choke on their food, specially when they are being fed through a NG tube. When I asked the nurse she told me they keep them like that until the babies are ready to go home. Then they lay the cots flat to ensure that the babies is doing well and holding down all the food. They make sure of this before they send them home because babies will be sleeping flat at home and not inverted.
This was Everett's cot this morning..
Do you see where I am going with this? His cot is flat....They are testing him to make sure he can come home.
Yesterday when I arrived at 8am. The nurse told me that he took all his bottles through the night and they did not have to use the NG tube at all. So throughout the day I breast fed what he would take then bottle feed him the rest. He did very well and finished off all his food by mouth. At 2pm the NG tube had to be removed because Everett had pulled it so far out that it could not be used anyway. So they just left it out to see what would happen.
Well last night he also took all his bottles with out a tube. He is also gaining weight. Not as much as the nutritionist would like, but obviously enough for the pediatrician to like.
Our Nurse this morning told me that he should be coming home Sunday.
SUNDAY? now don't joke with me. I am an extremely emotionally fragile, mentally fatigued and physically exhausted women. Teasing me would not be nice.
She said that as long as all goes well over the next 2 days he is cleared to come home. OH MY GOD!
Now I just have to start my list of questions for the nurses.
Where do I get bottle small enough for him?
How do I know how much he took by breast? I don't have a scale at home.
What kind of wipes should I use?
What do I do if....?
How do I know if...?
What if I am scared....?
How can I tell...?
Do I still wake him up 3 times a night or feed him on his cue?
Which one of you nurses is coming home with me?
How wonderful and terrifying all at the same time.
 

avandia lawsuit