Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Love Free Stuff

Melon Scratcher of the Day (Country 107.1):

The average one of these is 5'9" and 218 lbs.
???
Santa Claus's

This morning I called into the radio station with that answer and won $75 gift certificate to Giesbrecht Tree Farm. I was ecstatic!!! Even Steve, the announcer, poked fun at me a bit for being so happy about a tree.

The thing is I was totally stressing about how we were going to pay for the Christmas tree this weekend. We are putting one up at my dad's house instead of ours and he has 9 foot ceilings. We wanted to get a nice big tree for our last Christmas on the west coast, but a nice big tree means nice big bucks to spend. The later is something we don't have a whole lot of these days. So , I am very very very delighted that we have this gift certificate now.

Country 107.1 has been good to us lately. We are both devoted listeners (Ryan sometimes because he does not have a choice) and country club members so we enter for all kinda of draws and I call in for the melon scratcher regularly. If you win you have to wait 30 days to try again and it has been just over that since I won Rascal Flatts tickets. Then the week before last Ryan won tickets to the Abbotsford Heat. Those of you who are not country club members should think about it. Free dates and free Christmas trees....'nough said.

Anyway. Yay for free stuff!!!!!

1 comments:

Knitting4fun said...

That is so great that you won and you can have you big beautiful tree like you wanted.

 

avandia lawsuit