Sunday, December 20, 2009

It Started Out Great

Yesterday was clearly a day of failures for me. I suppose we all have them, but my crazy emotions made me a miserable fountain of tears mixed with a touch of anger.

The morning started out great. Rawley had me up at 8:15 for breakfast. I finished up the grocery list and after getting Ryan up we were out of the house by 9:30 for early morning grocery shopping. It is always best when the store is almost empty. We were done shopping and home baking by 11. Rawley helped mix all the ingredients for sugar cookies. Then he helped do all the cut outs. After lunch we spend at least an hour as a family (Ryan was in and out of the activity) decorating sugar cookies while listening to Christmas music. We had mixed up 5 different icing colours and had them in Ziploc baggies to do detailed art on our cookies. They turned out beautiful. We were all so pleased with ourselves.



~ Rawley & I decorating...Ryan got a little excited with the sprinkles. opps~





I put the cookies in the fridge to set the icing........THEN.... I dumped a bottle of apple cider over them all and they turned into mush. Thus started the anger of throwing things and maybe (definitely) swearing. I even took an apple out of the fridge and smashed it on the floor. Then the tears came on... and on and on and on. Then Ryan got mad because I was mad therefore Rawley got yelled at. Then Rawley was mad and acting out... then I got mad at him... Then I cried some more & Rawley cried too.

~ What we were able to salvage from the mushy wet cookies ~



Once I finally composed myself... well as best I could. We walked down to the library to return our books. Upon returning I started the laundry. By the time the washer was done I realized that my cell phone was still in the pocket of my pants. Opps! Then there were more tears.

Rawley was asked nicely to leave me alone because I was upset but as most seven year olds he thought that meant to be a huge pain in the butt and be mouthy and argumentative. Therefore Rawley ended up in bed early with a spank. This brought on more crying by both Rawley and I.

After 25 minutes of crying on his behalf and about 5 on mine we decided to talk about it and say our prayers for bed.

I then tried uploading the videos of Rawley's Christmas concert to my blog. As you can see there was no success. We apparently don't know how to do that. So... I take back my promise of sharing his wonderful concert with you. Sorry.

I had hopes that today would be better but it did not start well. Rawley was not much of a listener this morning. "Please hurry and eat" meant "play with your breakfast", "please go brush you teeth" clearly meant "please hide in my closet". "Rawley go put your shoes and coat on" meant "Rawley go read your planner". "Rawley put your show and coat on RIGHT NOW" meant "sit on the floor and stare at me like I am an idiot".

Then when we got to his out of school care. The lights were off and the doors were locked. What? no one called me to tell me we had moved to another school for the day. So, we walked around the school in the rain to see if we were maybe in another classroom. Nope. Phoning to see where they were was out of the question since I decided to wash my cell phone last night....therefore lets drive around all morning and see if we can find where your day care is today = me late for work and wet and angry.

BUT it has to get better from here... I figure I am not at home so cannot ruin anything that is my own. Work is fairly slow right now so I can't really make too many mistakes. If I can manage to say "Good Morning/Afternoon, Clara Industrial" I should be okay.

Here's to a better day.

1 comments:

Knitting4fun said...

Aaaawwww sweetie don't be too hard on yourself. We all have days like that. Sunday is behind you, just move forward. Love you. Hugs

 

avandia lawsuit