Wednesday, November 3, 2010

All By Myself

All this week Ryan is working two jobs and I am home with the kids. He leaves in the morning and maybe I will see him for dinner then he is gone again for the evening. Me, one eight year old with ADHD & one miserable baby. Yay! Today will be day 3 and so far we are all still alive. I think that is pretty good.

Last night I took the kids to the gym with me and left them in the daycare while I went to the Bums & Bellies class. It was totally worth the $5. Everett was miserable so they had him at the front desk with them. It was a nice break for me. So nice that i am going back at 5:30 tonight to a Zumba class.

On Monday Everett was miserable and crying pretty much the whole time Rawley was home for lunch. A minute or 2 before he went back to school I finally got Everett to calm down. When it was time to leave, Rawley came to kiss us goodbye and we had the following conversation:
Rawley: "Eww. Mom, Everett's eyes are dripping"
Me: "Yes Rawley they are tears, remember he was crying for the past 15 minutes?"
Rawley: "Oh, right."
This kid is so smart. He comes up with inventions and theories all day long, he outsmarts Ryan and I so often I begin to question my own intelligence, yet he can not recognise post crying tears on his baby brothers face?

Oh and Monday night I was video taping Everett rolling over. (by the way he can roll from his back to his tummy now and I have it on video. I would share it with you but as mentioned in previous blogs I can't figure out how to upload it to blogger) Rawley was sitting beside him and telling him how to do it. He even tried to move Everett's arm out of the way. I told him not to help or else the video would not prove anything. Then a second later Everett rolled over and i said to Rawley, "see he can do it himself". Rawley moved to the other side of Everett and was still encouraging him and cheering him on to keep going. Then he stopped, looked at me and said, "Oh mom he already rolled over. He was on his back now he is on his tummy" (I have uploaded the video to facebook)
He watched Everett roll over and then forgot he did it? I have no idea. Sometimes i wonder about that boy of mine.

Well Everett is asleep in his swing so I better get bottles done and everything ready for tonight. During the evenings I am lucky if I get to put him down for 10 minutes. Usually in the evening Ryan will hold him and entertain him while I do up dishes, make bottles, get ready for the next day and any other chores that need to be done. With him gone I am finding it really hard. I wonder how I ever accomplished anything on my own when Rawley was a baby?

0 comments:

 

avandia lawsuit