Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Prayers Are Working

So, after another long time in the hospital being monitored and having doctors go over all our results. Things are looking a bit better.

As per my doctor, "Baby is definitely not out of the woods, and you will not carry to term; however, the flow in the umbilical cord has improved a little"

She was telling me that when they got the results from last weeks ultrasound they were scared because a baby in that type on distress doesn't get better it only gets worse. She said weather it is me not working and laying around or the power of prayer our situation has gotten a bit better. The ultrasound from yesterday was a bit better. This may not last more than a few days mind you but it has let us keep Nudge in couple more days and with the steroids he is getting a great chance at developing those lungs more quickly.

So for now I am to continue laying on the couch doing nothing at all. I need to still go in for another non-stress test tomorrow and then Friday we should have more definite info. The Dr. (Dr. Still) we are seeing on Friday will be able to monitor everything closer, better and for a longer time. I have heard wonderful things about him from everyone who has heard of him so I feel blessed that they have sent us to him to get checked out.

I cannot express how thankful I am for all the nurses and doctors that have been so wonderful to us. All my questions have been answered and they understand how scared I am. How lucky Nudge and I are to have such wonderful care.

Thank you everyone for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. Its working so keep it up!!!!

Now I am going to go lay down.

3 comments:

that's us... said...

praying for you tammy...and little nudge!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know anything was up...it will all work out ok. Things happen for a reason, although it may be tough to take. How far along are you now? Reminds me of my last month...I had bi-weekly NST's-reasurring that they've checked you out. I am thinking of you Tammy and Nudge...take it easy.
Love Kendra

Tammy said...

Kendra, We are 32 weeks and 5 days along.
Thanks!

 

avandia lawsuit