Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tired of the Unknown

So, Early this morning I thought my water had broken. I woke up about 2:20. From then on I was pretty sure that is what had happened, but could not be positive. When I was pregnant with Rawley there was no mistaking when my water broke because it was a huge flood just like in the movies. This time is was slower and different.
I waited till my schedule Dr.s appointment this afternoon to find out what was going on. She seemed concerned enough to send me to the hospital right away. I tried to get away with leaving it until after our appointment with the bank, but the doctor said "no".
So, off we went to the hospital. The nurse took all my information and did a test. The test came back positive for amniotic fluid. She confirmed that my water had broke and asked me to wait to see the doctor. However, when the doctor did the exact same swab it came back negative. She also took a look under the microscope and it was negative.
I am so confused.
How can one test at 3:30 show positive and the exact same test at 4:20 show negative.
From May 3rd we have gone from:
You are having this baby today or tomorrow
to: This baby is coming soon lets see how many days we can get
to: We are aiming for 35 week, if we get there that's great
to: Baby is doing good let's try for more than 35 weeks
to: Your water broke, baby is coming now
to: Your water didn't break go home (but come back tonight if the same thing happens)

I am so frustrated with not knowing what is going on. Also, not a fan of going to the hospital and looking foolish.

0 comments:

 

avandia lawsuit