Wednesday, January 27, 2010

One Spoiled Girl

I feel very loved and very spoiled. I had the best birthday yesterday. I am thinking that taking the day off work on your birthday is a really good idea. All I wanted for my birthday was mixing bowls and a night out. I got way more.

Yesterday morning I was able to lounge in bed late and read my book. Rawley got up, came and closed my bedroom door then went and got his breakfast. I was not able to actually sleep but I lied in bed for an hour and read.

It was nice to have a slow paced morning and then take Rawley to school myself. I think that was the first time I have ever got to do that.

Next it was my date with Lindsay. We went shopping at Walmart and the mall. She took me into The Body Shop were I talked to one of the girls about my awful pregnancy skin. She recommended a Tea Tree Oil face wash. She said that it is fine to use during pregnancy but I have read otherwise on the Internet. I guess it is another one I will have to do more research on before I commit to using it. I have tried it out though and I love it. Lindsay took me to Mitch Miller's for lunch. They have the most amazing food. Their Caesar Salad is to die for and their Club house is also amazing. I left totally stuffed. Before dropping Lindsay of at work she helped me pick out a pair of maternity jeans from Thyme. Ryan's mom and dad gave me $ for my birthday to buy them and they are awesome. They are comfy, stylish, and have room to grow. I love them.

After that it was off to the ultrasound with Ryan. The only person who did not spoiled me on my birthday was Nudge (the baby). Nudge was in a awful position for measuring and pictures. We tried everything to get baby to move but had no success. I walked a bit, went pee, did a little dance, jumped up and down...nothing. The tech had me lay flat, then on one side, then on the other.... It was a very long process and in the end we got some not so great photos. I have noticed in the past that I feel Nudge more if I eat cookies or chocolate, so before the 3D Ultrasound on Feb 20th I am going to have to sugar the baby up. ;)

~I like this photo below though. We got a good look at the heart pumping away at 149.~


After the ultrasound we stopped by my Grandma & Grandpa's to visit and bit and show them the ultrasound pictures. Then Ryan took me to the Keg for dinner. It was so yummy. We had Mushrooms Neptune and Garlic Buttered shrimp with cheese for appetizers. Then we each had a prime rib dinner. It is impossible to eat that much food so I now get to have prime rib lunch today. Yum. Ryan also took me out to see Leap Year at the Langley theatre. It was a cute love story. I am such a chick flick girl so I loved it. It was not even one I wanted to see but it was really enjoyable. Both dinner and our movies were paid for with gift certificates so Ryan went all out on my gifts. I felt so spoiled!!!

It was such a wonderful day and evening for me. Thank you dad for babysitting, Lindsay for my morning/lunch date Mom & Dad W for my new jeans and Ryan for spoiling me the rest of the day.



~free Lancome gift that came with the perfume (Rawley got to give me this one)~


~Perfume from Ryan~



~Pyrex mixing bowls (and measuring spoons) from Rawley~



~Locket from Ryan~


4 comments:

DAve and JAnie said...

Wow! What a perfect perfect day! I know how you love a good pair of jeans and a Caesar salad! Hope your fun gifts keep the enjoyment going all year long!
Interesting to hear about the body shop tea tree oil stuff... SO many things to consider when pregnant, and you are really on top of your know-how for safe stuff!

What book are you reading?

Lindsay said...

You are SO welcome!! I had a great time on our date too :) Loved seeing all your nice gifts, sounds like an awesome day!

Tammy said...

Janie,
I am just reading a girly novel from the library called 'Baby Baby'. Nothing in depth or anything, just for fun.

tina said...

Hey tammy! Hint for the next ultra sound... when we went for our 3D to find out gender, Arden wouldn't let us see her face. She covered it up and no matter how many jumping jacks and squats i did she wouldn't move her hands (luckily she had no problem showing us her goods!) lol.. but the tech told us that if we wanted to do another ultrasound the trick was cold and chocolate! He had heard of so many woman going to McD's for a milkshake pre-ultrasound... maybe that will help???

 

avandia lawsuit