Monday, January 4, 2010

Sad To Say Good-Bye

Back in June of this year we hired our first full time shop employee, Tommy. Someone to be here all year long that does not go work out in the field.

As previously mentioned I don't get along well with my boss at work. For most of the year we are the only 2 people in the office so it gets very lonely. Between jobs we have one of our job foreman around and he is a decent guy although quite moody. (borderline scary)

Tommy was originally brought in for a few days to help us load trucks. We had a job starting in Alberta and had to load all the equipment needed onto a few flatdecks over a couple days. All of our employees were out of town and we had no one available to do the work and Tommy had just dropped a resume off the week before. He worked his butt off for us those few days and Mark decided we could not get rid of him.

When Tommy first started he was this super hardworking Irish guy who I could barely understand but enjoyed. He literally ran everywhere he went around the shop and yard. I have never seen anyone work so hard.

Over time Tommy and I became good friends. Rawley just loves him and think he is the greatest friend ever. Tommy has become a part of our lives. He has met all my friends, come for dinner and even babysat for us so Ryan and I can go out. He is just a really descent guy to have around.

Work has become pleasant because there is someone to talk to, someone who smiles at work and cracks jokes.

Today Tommy quite. :(

He had a weekend job that turned into a full time job. I don't blame him for leaving. The work and pay are better at his other job and I want him to be happy to do well.

I am, however, very sad to lose my only friend I have had at work and the only descent, polite and friendly person I have worked with here.

It's going to be a long 6 months.

2 comments:

tjenkins said...

tammy... i just read your "Baby News" story and I am currently sending a swift kick in the ass to your husband!

Waiting anxiously for your update on thursday... tina

Tammy said...

Thanks. I hope he feels it. haha. I am over it now, but he was so in the dog house for a few days. Men are dumb!
I will message you as soon as I get back to work on Thurs. 11ish.

 

avandia lawsuit