Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend of Ups & Downs

I had a great weekend as well as a awful weekend all in one.

Friday night we went bowling with our friends, Tom & Jeannine. It was a bit of a birthday celebration for me and since Rawley never gets to come to those we let him come. We went to the Thunder Bowl here in town. Thunder Bowling is when they turn off the house lights, turn of black lights, and laser lights and pump up the music. It is a lot of fun. Rawley was really well behaved considering we rarely let him stay up past his bedtime (8:00) and we stayed out till 9:30 on Friday. Rawley has never done 10 pin bowling and he did not have much luck with the game, but he was in a great mood the whole night.



~ Tom & Jeannine~



Saturday I sent my husband off to help our friends do some renos on their newly purchased home. This left Rawley and I to get into mischief all day. We walked to the bank, then the Library. We went down to my dad's house to clean a bit and get rid of some stuff I had on craigslist. Once we got home we played a board game. It was a really wonderful day together but I was exhausted by 6 and needed a nap so bad. Just after falling asleep my phone rang. Second time I feel asleep Rawley decided to play with his dart guns. The nap was never accomplished.

Shortly after the failed nap we headed over to Tom & Jeannine's for dinner. Tom made us an awesome dinner followed up with Jeannine's homemade Chocolate mousse. The mousse was made with Lindt chocolate and brandy. It was amazing. Rawley got to play a round a Foosball with everyone but me and then we watched part of Finding Nemo on their huge projector screen. Rawley of course has 'hated' this movie for a while now. He out grew it at some point. However, while it was on he stared at the screen and barely moved the entire time. :) Deep down he still loves Nemo I think. (I miss the movie, it used to be a daily ritual 5 years ago)

This was Rawley's second late night this weekend (a very rare occurrence for him) yet he was still quite well behaved. Sunday was not such a highlight of our weekend. I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a truck. Every muscle in my body hurt as well as my ears and eyes. I felt very faint and tired. I thought maybe it was due to low blood pressure, which I have a lot, but I checked it at the store machine and I was not too bad. I was grumpy, angry, moody, and easily agitated all day long. Poor Ryan & Rawley. Rawley was also some what over tired form his 2 exciting nights in a row and not all that well behaved. We did not get along for the most part. Finally Ryan & Rawley went out for a bit in the afternoon and I retreated to my bed. I had a 2 hour nap but woke up feeling worse if anything. The rest of the day was a blur. A yelling, arguing, nearly crying blur. By the time 8 pm rolled around I thought I might faint.

Ryan quietly and politely put up with me all day long and even gave me a back rub last night before bed. Thank you huney!

2 comments:

Mum of 3 Wise men said...

I gussing that the reason why you felt like you were hit by a truck is all that excercise that you got the night before.....bowling. Those rare moments of happy bliss with the little guy are amazing aren;t they. As far as the nap... well even at 12, Daivon still doesn't let me sleep. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Fish in a bag is the most brilliant way I have ever heard that described! I love it!

Oh the importance of naps! Glad you got one in the end, even if it wasn't enough! I've been sleeping so rotten lately, and I finally had a good nights sleep last night. What a difference! I don't usually sleep poorly, so it really throws me off.
Hope you get some relief and rest!

And of course, HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY TODAY!
Janie

 

avandia lawsuit