Monday, January 11, 2010

Wonderful Weekend.

Despite the fact that Rawley was grounded from TV, Wii and computer all weekend. Also despite the fact that we didn't give him his afternoon medication on Saturday or Sunday AND despite the fact that I had a throbbing migraine both days....we had a really good weekend.

Funny how that happened because I did not have high expectations for how this weekend would play out. Usually when Rawley cannot do any of the above he gets antsy and angry. Plus with my headaches I have not been feeling so hot.

Saturday morning Rawley woke up early but after I made him breakfast he went back to him room and played quietly for over an hour. It was great. He was so well behaved at his soccer game which they won 18-0. After that we headed out to Langley to look at a bassinet I had found on Craigslist. The bassinet is $159 new and she was selling it slightly used for $70. When we got there I offered her $60 and she agreed. It was beautiful and in really great shape.
It is a 5-in-1. Meaning it is a full bassinet, and if you take the top part off it is a travel bassinet and the stand remaining is a change table. Then the manufacture says that it is also a play seat and a bed side sleeper for baby. (I thought that is what most people used a bassinet for) It also has 5 sounds, a little light, and vibrations. I also love the basket underneath for little necessities.


~Yay for first baby purchase~



Upon folding it to transport it home I got my thumb stuck in the bracket which hurt bad enough that I was crying and Ryan could not figure out what was wrong or how to unlock it and open it to release my thumb. I was not being very helpful by crying and screaming, "flatten in, lay it flat". At least now I know that major injury upon closing is possible and I will NEVER do it again.

We made a quick stop at Toy Traders in Langley. For those of you who do not know you can buy new and used baby and kid items there as well as trade ins. We saw the same bassinet we had just got for $90 there in the same shape. I was feeling happy about our great deal.

Then it was off to IKEA. Rawley loves this place and we had planty of time to stop at each kids station for him to play. It made the trip so much more enjoyable for everyone. We did not buy too many things but had fun looking at all the possibilities. We ended up getting a couple stuffed mice for the baby. It sounds awful but they are so cute and tiny.


~Playing at the kids stations~

~Rawley drew a wonderful graveyard on the communal paper at Ikea~

I have no pictures for yesterday but we watched some gymnastics and figure skating then went for a long walk with a stop at the park for Rawley to play.

I like when life is rough; you are seeing your child act out more often than not THEN they stop and do something really great that renews your faith in them. We walked to the mall yesterday to go to Coles Bookstore. We stopped to use the washrooms at Sears and Rawley found a balloon on the ground from their sale event. He asked me if he could ask someone if he could have it and I said yes. He walked up to an employee and politely said, "Excuse me" then waited patiently for her to acknowledge him. He went on, "I found this balloon on the ground and was wondering if it would be alright if I may kept it ." Once she said yes he politely added, "Thank you!" and walked on with a huge smile. I know it is just a little thing but it makes me proud to know that he is able to act like a human being and he can be quiet, gentle, polite and adorable.

1 comments:

Meredith said...

Yay for the bassinet!! I loved ours, especially the vibrations (which Owyn loved as a newborn) and the handy compartment at the bottom. I miss the bassinet days :)

See?!?! You cry when in pain! I wasn't exaggerating, every story you tell about you being in pain, you say you cried :) I don't think you're a wuss, it's your storytelling!

Rawley is such a good boy, even when he's being a seven year-old boy. Good job Mama!

 

avandia lawsuit