Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Half Way

This Sunday marked the half way point for Nudge. We are 20 weeks and 2 days today. I have enjoyed reading all the new information about my baby.

Apparently now we measure from head to toe instead of head to rump. Which means my baby is going to be about 10.5 inches long by the end of the week. That is kind of hard to believe. Last night Rawley got out the measuring tape and found 10.5 inches on it. When he held it up to my belly he didn't quite understand how it was possible. I had to take the Tape Measure and roll the top over for the head and the bottom under for the legs... It actually fits quite well.....He gets it now.

The heartbeat is strong enough now that it can be heard with a regular stethoscope instead of having to use the Doppler. Does anyone have a stethoscope they want to let us borrow? How cool would have be to listen to your baby whenever you want?!

Baby is big enough and active enough now that the kicks are felt a lot more. There have been times at work where I just get walloped, but of course as soon as I lay down at home and we stare at my belly....nothing happens. Ryan & Rawley have yet to see or feel anything.

We have or next medical Ultrasound this Friday @ 4:30. Conveniently we have to drive out to New Westminster on the day of opening ceremonies for the Olympics... I have no idea what time to leave Abbotsford to ensure we get there in time. Earlier the better I suppose... Then we have time to stop and get Chocolate milkshakes on the way... That ought to perk up the baby a bit (Thanks for the tip Tina)

Last night Rawley spent the latter half of dinner speaking to my belly. He was telling it that if it learns to talk it should tell us if it is a boy or girl and that we they check on Friday it should show us. He went on for a while.... I stopped listening. I do think it is cute when he talks to my belly.

He also asked me the other day, "If it is a boy are we keeping the name 'Nudge'?"....ah that would be a 'no'.

Sunday on our way to the Torch ceremony Rawley had said that he wished the baby would come now so that it didn't miss the Olympics. We had to explain to him that the baby would have a hard time surviving if it was born now because it is not quite ready. He seemed to understand but was genuinely sad that Nudge would miss the Olympics and this once in a life time chance.

I have been feeling pretty good. Normal pregnancy stuff I think. The smallest amount of physical work makes me tired. I try to take the stairs everyday from the parking garage to our 3rd floor apartment... By the time I reach the top I am completely out of breath. Even singing in the car sometimes leaves me breathless. My gastritis is back with a vengeance... but as long as I take my Zantac I seem to survive though.

My skin in freaking out. When I was pregnant with Rawley I read that you can get acne everywhere, more moles and red spots all over your body.....I never did though. This time I am. I have like 40 more little moles than I have ever has and little tiny red marks all over my arm, chest and neck. The acne started right away but it seems that my new TeaTree Oil Face Wash form The Body Shop is actually working. Instead of waking up with 5-15 huge new zits, I wake up with 1 or 2. That I can totally handle.

The headaches still come on about everyday but they don't last nearly as long. My new doctor also told me to use Peppermint Oil. She said the 1st trimester is the only time you really have to worry and even then the chance of anything happening is quite small. So, I hope to pick some up tonight or tomorrow.

Overall I am feeling pretty good at this point in my pregnancy. Now I just need to know.... " Nudge, are you a boy or a girl?"

Note: Above photo was borrowed from http://www.alphamom.com/pregnancy-calendar/2008/06/weekly-pregnancy-calendar-week.php#more

2 comments:

Knitting4fun said...

Will they look at me strange if I cuddle the butternut squash in the grocery store LOL!!! I love when you post the size of the baby compared to a fruit or a veggie.

I finished a practice model of Nudge's little outfit. Thinking it might be a little big, but then thinking about you saying that Nudge might be on the bigger size.....not sure, maybe I should try it on one of those squash!

Leah Schouten said...

I wish I had a stethoscope for you. How cool would that be?! Then I could listen to the heartbeat some time, too! I kind of want to try Tea Tree Oil face wash now...

 

avandia lawsuit