Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend On A Budget

As I mentioned before we are planning on going away for a weekend for Ryan's birthday. We decided we will go down to Seattle. We found some good hotel rates and now just need to save the money. The trouble with that is we have little to nothing to spend on fun stuff for the weekend. No eating out and no expensive entertainment.

We got lucky this weekend because the weather was unreal and there was a lot going on. Friday night we cleaned and de-cluttered our house so we kept pretty busy.

Saturday we had a ton of errands to run. Stuff we had been putting off for weeks and we finally just got to it. Besides the occasional whining Rawley was pretty good the whole time. When we were done everything on the list we went down the the driving range to smack some balls around. Rawley loves to do this (so do Ryan and I).


~ I think he has a better frame than I do~


~Nudge and I managed to hold our own~


~We all know Ryan is a pro~


It was so beautiful out and I was not ready to go home so we headed down to the River to walk along the Matsqui trails. Rawley automatically complains about anything so of course he did not want to walk buy the river. In the end he had a pretty good time.



Sunday we didn't have to plan too much because the Super Bowl was on and the torch was coming to Abbotsford. We went grocery shopping in the morning than came home and got ready for company. Tom & Jeannine came over to watch the SuperBowl with us. I made a bunch of appetizers before hand so we all enjoyed some snacks. Oddly enough I actually enjoyed watching the game. I never really cared too much for football before, but I never understood it either. When we went to the BC Lions game this year I kinda figured most of it out and now I enjoy it.

~Double baked Potatoes ~


We had to miss the last 3 minutes of the football game to make it down to the stadium before the torch arrived. We made it just in time and Rawley was ready to cheer. He had some 'Bam Bams' (loud plastic clappers), a tattoo, and a tambourine from RBC and the we got some Canada Flags from the Coke truck. The Flame came in about 4 minutes after we got there and Rawley insisted we run with it down the walkway and onto the track. Once we were on the field we made our way to the stage to watch them light the big flame there and see the performances. It was a really great evening. Some people were a little too eager to get the the front on the pack. I had Rawley on my shoulders and a very rude women tried to push through us, which knocked we over into the man in front of me who in turn also knocked over a few people in front of him. The best part was when he turned around and yelled at me. I firmly told him that it was in fact not me and I had been pushed over. Gees.



~ Rawley & I before the stampede took us out ~

~ Little Inukshuks dancing on the stage ~

I don't remember the name of the dance club that performed but they were really good. Rawley had seen them previously with his school so he was all excited. They sang a few songs and did some great dances. It was really fun to watch. I am definitely glad we got to experience the whole torch thing with Rawley. I didn't think it was going to be anything special but being there and being part of it and hearing Rawley scream and cheer at everything they said was totally worth going. It was even worth keeping Rawley up an hour late on a Sunday night.

We had a great fun filled weekend and spent less than $40.00. Now... what will we do next weekend?

2 comments:

Knitting4fun said...

I love all this pictures! Dad will be so jealous to see you guys at the driving range and ours are still covered in snow.

I see that Nudge seems quite comfortable at the driving range, but maybe this summer Nudge would like to spend a couple of hours cuddling and snuggling with Grandma while the rest of you go golfing. *S*

Tammy said...

That could probably be arranged. :)

 

avandia lawsuit