Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Almost A Big Brother

Time is ticking down till Rawley becomes a big brother. I have no idea how it is going to go having kids 8 years apart but I have a feeling it is going to be wonderful. I know deep down I was hoping for a little girl, but seeing how much in love Rawley already is with his little brother makes me very thankful.

Rawley takes to Nudge more than Ryan or I do. Every night at bed time Rawley doles out a kiss & hug for Ryan, me and Nudge. Then he has to tell Nudge a story every night. Usually something really short and cute like what he did at school or if we bought Nudge something that day. One night he told Nudge, "That's mom that yells all the time, when you are born you will see she is loud out here too". :)

If he has a funny joke to tell he tells it to my belly. When I drop him off in the morning he kisses me good-bye and then kisses Nudge good-bye. Almost everyday when we sit down to write about what we are thankful for that day he says, "that nudge will be born soon". Although I don't let him use the same one every night I think it is cute that he says it.

Despite Rawley's ADHD that comes with all sorts of complications like arguing, impulsiveness, noise, constant movement.......he has to be one of the most loving 7 year old boys I know.

When Rawley was 4 he asked for a doll for Christmas and of course he got one. He named his doll Pat after Grandma Walker. He loved that doll for a really long time but then it kind of got left out of the picture. About 4 months ago we came across it and since then it has been in his bed every night. I am not sure if there is any connection to me being pregnant that he decided to care about his doll again, but it seems so. Last night we discovered that Nudge is about the same size right now as his doll. He thought that was really cool. (I on the other hand held the doll up to my stomach and thought, no wonder I am so damn uncomfortable.)

Anyway, I took these pictures the other night and if Rawley knew I was posting them (or even took them) he might kill me. Lucky for me he doesn't read my blog. I love my little (7 year old) boy and can not wait to see him as a big brother.

I am not sure why Pat is not wearing clothes. I think we will have to locate them soon.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is so sweet!!! What a great little guy - he really is going to make the best big bro!

Knitting4fun said...

I have to agree with Lindsay. Nudge is such a lucky little boy to have Rawley out there to show him the ropes and protect him. I think it is so sweet that he talks to Nudge, tells him stories, and give him hugs and kisses.

I love the pictures! Poor naked Pat. Grandma might have to see if she can fashion some clothes for her. Acutally I was thinking that when we were there and then sort of forgot until I saw the pics.

 

avandia lawsuit