Monday, April 12, 2010

A Very Happy Boy

Rawley has been asking for a Nintendo DS for over a year now. He was so sure he was going to get one for Christmas and did not. Partially because I told everyone I did not want him to have one. What does a 7 year old need with one anyway? He has a Leapster that he still uses. Also I can't stand it when everywhere you go you see these unsociable children with their noses stuck in a video game. Children are becoming walking robots. We see families out for dinner while their kids play video games, I have even see kids play them at church.

However, when Ryan's mom asked me what I thought about them getting Rawley one for his birthday I caved.
Hey, I am the one that has to drive from here in Manitoba with him in 3 months... I need something to keep him occupied.

Having said that.... we have very strict rules for Rawley's DS. Rules for where, when and how long he can play it. It certainly will not be a daily thing nor will it accompany every trip in the car. I am very thankful for it though because Abbotsford to Manitoba is going to be a long long long drive. Specially with a 1 month old baby and a very active 8 year old boy.

~Rawley opening his early birthday gift from Grandma & Grandpa~



Grandma & Grandpa sure made this little boys day. He loves his DS.
To be honest it has come in handy 4 times already. Twice he has played quietly while I have napped. A nap that was very much needed. Twice we have also used it against him in a , "If you do not change your attitude we are going to take your DS away for...(a certain period of time)" and it worked.
So...Nintendo DS is now my friend.

1 comments:

Knitting4fun said...

I am glad the DS is working out okay.

We were so happy to be able to watch him open his present and see his reaction! It made our day.

Just before the drive to MB we would like to get him a new game that can keep him occupied. I am pretty sure Al is bringing his when they visit so him and Rawley can have some challenges. Not sure who will have more fun, Rawley or Al *S*

 

avandia lawsuit