Tuesday, April 27, 2010

MS Walk 2010

It was really nice that the sun decided to appear for a while on Sunday for the Abbotsford MS Walk. Rawley did awesome on his pledges. We set a goal of $400 for him to raise and he surpassed his goal and raised $445. He is usually quite shy about asking people for money but seemed to have no problem at Papa's birthday party. Of course most people there were my dad's friends and it was his birthday so maybe they felt compelled to donate. Either way it worked out great.

Despite Rawley's rough day on Sunday he did great on the Walk. He did not want to participate in the warm up however.

This year Rawley wanted to change his sign to not only read "My Papa" but "Bonnie"as well. Bonnie is a family friend who now lives in the states. She has MS quite bad and Rawley wanted everyone to know if was walking (in his case riding) for her too. He is so thoughtful.



I did not participate this year as rollerblading is not really a great idea at this point. I considered walking the 3 kms on my own but I just have not felt good the past while so instead I sat in a lawn chair and cheered everyone else on. I did do my part though, I donated $5 for a streak of red hair to show my support.

~The boys at the starting line waiting for the horn~


~And they're off~


~7kms later, they reach the finish line~


Good Job Rawley, You make me proud!

0 comments:

 

avandia lawsuit