Thursday, April 22, 2010

That Extra 30 minutes

Last night was about our 8th late night in a row. I usually like to be in bad and ready to sleep by 10, but lately it seems that we are not getting to bed till 11. Then last night I heard Rawley get up just after 3 am. I went to check on him and he was just going to the bathroom. After kissing him goodnight but before leaving his room he asked me for a towel. Apparently there was a huge puddle of drool in his bed that was totally grossing him out.

At this point I would like to mention that numerous times we have had an argument with Rawley about the fact that he drools in bed. When Grandma & Grandpa were here visiting Rawley would go to sleep in their bed and then get transferred to the couch when the adults went to bed. I would not let him use their pillows and it made him so mad. I tried to explain that Grandma & Grandpa do not want to come sleep on slobber pillows. He was so certain that he did not drool in his sleep.

So, this morning at 3am when he was so upset about the drool in his bed I really really wanted to say, "See, you do drool in your sleep, so next time we have that conversation you cannot yell at us and tell us you do not."

BUT I felt so bad for my poor little boy at 3am, who was so disgusted by his own drool that he did not want to go to bed that I just got him a towel and kissed him good night. Being right didn't matter so much anymore.

Last night I also forgot to set the alarm clock to get Ryan up in time to for work. Opps. I woke up exactly 30 minutes after I am suppose to get up to get him on his way.
I know 30 minutes is not much, but I feel really good this morning. Despite the late bedtime and the middle of the night wake up call....I feel like I actually got enough sleep.

Not only that but this morning Rawley and I did not get into a single argument, we made it out of the house 1 minute early as opposed to 4 minutes late AND I even had time to take these pictures of him wearing my glasses and showing off his big bruise.

That may not sound like much but I think that we have only managed to accomplish a fight free on time morning once or twice before....ever....

So I feel pretty good about the that.


And Rawley gave me his 'free coffee' winner for my 'free donut' winner so I even got to stop at Timmy's for a mocha to start my day. Mmmm.

1 comments:

Mum of 3 Wise men said...

Wow, the joys of childen. Elijah has this habit of waking us up in the middle of the night just to say hi. I will be so glad when the kids learn to sleep thru the night.

 

avandia lawsuit