Friday, April 16, 2010

Feeling Defeated

I am feeling defeated by life. I swear I am trying to see that half full glass but it is just so damn hard.

The situation at Rawley's school has me at my witt's end. I have tried and tried to do what I can from my end and they refuse to do what they can from their end. The sad thing is they have plenty more resources than I do yet they don't seem to care enough about Rawley to use any of them .


They tried to move Rawley back into the classroom for lunch but it didn't even last one day. His friends don't want to eat in the hall with him so he is left alone again. The other day he was kicked out of class and didn't even get to bring his lunch with him therefore he did not eat. My heart is breaking for my boy. How awful can he be feeling. The teachers, lunch monitors and principle are all teaching him that he has a problem and he cannot ever be successful in a group. His friends don't want to sit with him so he is lonely.

The whole school is sending him the message that you are bad and we don't want to deal with you so go away. They are teaching him that they don't care about him and I am so mad I could cry.

Today I take matters into my own hands. I have made a call to the ministry of Education. I am waiting for a call back from the Special Education Department.


Thanks to help from my friend Joey I have found many good resources on line, Such as the Special Education Policy and Guidelines that states that Behavioural Needs are considered a special need. The school keeps telling me that assistance is not available for Rawley because he is too smart and just have behavioural problem...... They are wrong or lying to me.


A child with Behaviour Problem demonstrates negative behaviours that are disruptive to the classroom, disruptive on his social relations and personal adjustment. He has been demonstrating these behaviours over an extended period of time, in more than one setting with more than one person. AND he has not responded to support provided through the normal school discipline and classroom management strategies..... That is out on the Ministry of Education : Special Education Services Manual of Policies, procedures & Guidelines......

Rawley fits that description to a tee so why is no one willing to help him. Why won't they get him assessed? Why don't they care?

Well I can tell you this they are going to start caring really soon, If I have to take my lunch every day at 3pm to go down to his school and talk to his teacher & principle they will soon start to care. I am so tired of all their BS. This is a child that needs help, therapy and guidance on a higher level or he will not be able to succeed socially or academically and he is entitled to that help.

Can you imagine how many children with ADHD would be more successful if someone took the time to care about them... The help them out, to guide them.

This is our future generation. We are expecting them to grow up and take over the world yet we will not even give them a fare chance a social or academic success. What is wrong with us?



The Ministry of Education has called me twce today since I wrote this blog this morning and it seems that more action will follow on Monday when Abbotsford School District gets involved. This is a start in the right direction.

0 comments:

 

avandia lawsuit