Monday, March 15, 2010

Seattle Part 3 - Saturday Afternoon & Night

As I mentioned we got lost on our way to target and ended up going straight for lunch. We had planned to meet Elijah at McDonald's by the Science Centre. The problem was when we got there a line of about 30 teenagers come outside of McDonald's and across the parking lot. As Teenagers left groups of 20 or more came. There was no way we were eating there. So we waited to Elijah and then headed to the food court...which was closed because of a power outage in the building. Boo. After walking for 30 minutes looking for food I was no longer a happy girl. I was tired and hungry (it has been 6 hours since our breakfast) and felt we were wasting out time. So we gave up on food and went to the Science Center hoping there was some kind of food there.

Thank goodness there was a cafe. They were out of almost everything but corn dogs.. I am telling you that was the best tasting corn dog I have ever had in my life. I hate Corn Dogs so I must have been hungry. Once we were all fed it was time to start exploring. Now The Science Center is not quite as cool as our Science World but it was still a lot of fun. We spend 2.5 hours walking around in there.

~Rawley & Elijah changing the ramp pattern to see what happens to the ball~

~Taking a look outside through the Periscope~

~Rawley's enormous head in the funky mirror~

~Rawley played Tic-Tac-Toe against the robot and won, Elijah tied~

~Me sitting at the Giant Table~

After we were done at the Science Centre we headed up to Bonnie's. That is a family friend of mine and Elijah's Oma. We were able to get a pleasant but too short visit in with her. Between needing to feed us and the kids and then sharing the floor with 4 kids....we didn't get to chat as much as I had hoped. We will be going back down to see her in July once Baby is here though.

We also had to head back to the hotel with enough time to take Rawley swimming. We stayed at a hotel with a pool for that very reason and this would be our last chance. The pool was a little cold and I would have been happy to sit in the hot tub instead all night, but Rawley begged and pleaded for me to go in the pool with him. Once I finally agreed I got in and he stood on the side saying it was too cold. Eventually we were both in the pool and got to have some fun.


~Ready, Set, JUMP~

~This one turned out blurry but I love Rawley's pose in it~

~Rawley's idea of swimming~



Once again Rawley wasn't in bed until well after 10pm but as soon as his head hit that pillow he was out! I planned by night a little better this time. I had my cellphone MP3 player and my headphones, I took some melatonin and had some chamomile tea before bed. I slept like a baby. From 11:30-6. If Rawley & Ryan snored I had no idea. We did lose an hour of sleep though which was kind of a bummer.

0 comments:

 

avandia lawsuit