Monday, March 1, 2010

Celebration!

What a weekend. The Olympics have been awesome throughout but these last few days have been amazing. We pretty much did nothing else all weekend. Friday night I started watching the women's gold metal curling game at work. Then I called Ryan and had him put the phone in front of the TV so I could listen to the game till I got home to watch the last few ends. It was sad how the game ended but a silver metal for Cheryl's first Olympics ain't bad! We finished off Friday night by watching the men's semi-final hockey game.

Saturday morning we went to Rawley's last soccer game, grabbed some groceries and came home to park our butts on the couch for a day of Olympics. Between some skiing competitions I did have a quick nap but was up in time for the gold metal curling game. I was so proud of Kevin Martin and his boys when they got gold. He is such a talented skip and it was a great game played by him. Actually it was a great week. I am not up on the Olympics stats of curling but to win every game you play shows true skill. Johny Mo (third throw) was also pretty awesome. We wound down the night by watching some the the Ice Skating Gala.

Yesterday was a crazy day of nerves and excitement. All I can say is I am glad we played most of the game up at least a point because I am not sure I could have handled the stress of being down or tied through out. When USA scored with less than 30 seconds on the clock my heart just sank.

We watched the game at my brothers place. There were about 12 of us there and we were all so nervous. My head and my heart were pounding so hard. I watch a lot of NHL hockey with Ryan at home, A LOT! I really enjoy it and get nervous and stressed quite easily. But I have never been as nervous about a game as I was yesterday. We all wanted it so bad.... when Crosby scored the winning goal it was an unreal feeling. We all jumped up and were hugging, screaming, yelling and high fiving. Some of us were crying (maybe more than some). Even Owyn (22 mos) and Rawley (7 yrs) were loving the excitement. It was truly an amazing thing to witness. What a proud moment to be Canadian!!!

We finally calmed down enough to watch the metals being awarded then it was time to hit the streets and celebrate.

Here are some pictures of the celebrating on South Fraser Way:

~Ryan showing off his spirit~


~All the boys~

~Many a cars honking, many a people screaming & many a police watching on~

~Rawley & Dad doing a victory walk~


~Dustin was a little more than excited~


~Even Austra was patriotic~



~Theo was wonderful and gave Rawley a ride~


~Rawley had such a great time~

I am glad Theo was there because in total we walked just over 5 km and Rawley was getting pretty tired near the end. I am so glad he got to experience it though. It was awesome. What a wonderful way to end a weekend. We were back to Dustin's in time to eat some cold pizza and watch the closing ceremonies.

1 comments:

Mum of 3 Wise men said...

I love the flags. Go Canada.

 

avandia lawsuit