Friday, March 26, 2010

Thank You Dad!

Last night we had my dad over for dinner, which we try to do every Thursday. Ryan had made yummy Ranch Shake n' Bake chicken and started the potatoes. I mashed potatoes when I got home and started the veggies. Dad brought pies; one pumpkin & one cherry. It is nice to have him over on Thursday nights. Rawley especially enjoys having Papa over.

We have had to cancel out last few dinners because we have had plans or dad has been busy, but I have been saving a job for him. The beautiful bassinet that Ryan and I bought second hand off Craigslist had stopped working. It has a little light on it, vibrations and a few songs that it plays which all worked the day we bought it. I was so happy because they bassinet is $160 new and we got it for $60 used but in great condition. Last month sometime I put new batteries in it and it wouldn't work. We have had the thing apart a couple times, Ryan has tried fixing it but nothing we did worked. Last night I asked dad to have a look at it, but he couldn't get it to work either.

Last night my dad also stayed with Rawley after dinner so Ryan and I could go shopping. We had some baby stuff to look at and started a registry at Sears. I was really excited about a night out shopping without Rawley. We had already done a baby registry at Babies R'Us and Rawley was there for that. He had a ton of fun and was the sole operator of the scanner. I think we did pretty well at Babies R'Us but it was still exhausting to try to make desicions with Rawley there. Although Rawley did pick out half the stuff and it was all very cute, I was looking forward to doing it alone with Ryan this time at Sears.

Trouble was we didn't really find too much stuff we liked at Sears. They have a lot of stuff online but once you are in their store they do not have much. The options for things was quite small. So we did a little here and there and then just kind of gave up. The main reason we were there was to buy a CarSeat Stroller combo anyway. I had one picked out already from their website but upon actually seeing it, touching it, and trying it out I changed my mind. So we looked at a few of the other ones, but there was nothing that I liked enough to spend more than $300 on. We left without one.

I was not going to buy one in the first place, I was just going to buy a carseat and get a stroller second hand. Now I am not sure what we are going to do. It was kind of a bummer of a night. We had money and a mission and ended up coming home empty handed and exhausted. I still enjoyed my time out of the house shopping alone with Ryan though, but it would have been nice to find something we liked.

Upon arriving home Rawley yelled from his room, "Papa & I fixed the thing". Dad had fixed the bassinet after all. In the words of Rawley this is how it went.
"Papa tried to fix the thing again, and it just was not working at all, so he got mad. He slammed it down on the table and said, "what a stupid device". Then all of a sudden it started working. So we took the electric thing and put it back in the bassinet and guess what? It didn't work. So I said some magic words and we tried again, and tada...now it works. Isn't that great? Papa and I fixed it!"

After putting the electronic part back in the bassinet it wouldn't work again so dad smacked it. Then it started working. He took it part once more and all he can figure is when it was squished closed two of the wires touched and it shorted out. He pushed one of the wires out of the way and now it is working. Yay.

Thanks dad (and Rawley) for fixing by bassinet. I was so upset out that the bassinet was broken, then our shopping was unsuccessful.. so it really made my night.


1 comments:

Knitting4fun said...

So glad your Dad and Rawley were able to get the bassinet fixed for you!

Too bad about not liking the stroller when you saw it, it did look nice online.

 

avandia lawsuit